About the Silverstream® System?
Radical by design, A giant leap for efficiency
The Silverstream® System sets a standard without equal within the shipping industry. Our world-class engineers have created a clean technology that delivers on promised fuel savings: 5-10% depending on vessel type.
What is air lubrication?
Air lubrication fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel’s hull, shearing air released from air release units in the hull to create a carpet of bubbles that coats the full flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced – dramatically reducing fuel consumption and associated emissions.
This solution is radical and innovative, harnessing the power of both the air and our oceans – as well as our greatest understanding of fluid dynamics – to deliver real, proven, measurable fuel and emissions savings for oceangoing vessels.
Choosing the Silverstream® System
At Silverstream, we have worked resolutely to create a market-leading clean technology solution over the last ten years.
When you choose the Silverstream® System for your fleet, it comes with the highest standard of engineering expertise in the industry, and a pedigree of proven and verified results gained in close consultation with the best partners in the industry, including Lloyd’s Register, DNV GL and Shell.
The Silverstream® System isn’t just any other clean technology. It is radical, innovative and – most importantly – proven and verified. Find out about the other companies that are already joining us in leading the charge for shipping’s clean technology revolution.
Read our Case Studies
In choosing our market-leading clean technology, you are also choosing:
- Proven, verifiable savings of 5-10% depending on vessel type, with our commitment that we will continue to support with updates to automation systems to bolster savings even further
- A technology that is uniquely suitable for both retrofits and newbuilds, safeguarding your assets against future increased costs
- A lifecycle solution for efficiency, with components that are designed to last the full lifespan of a vessel
- A system that is elegant in its simplicity, with on/off controls giving immediate, demonstrable feedback for crew
- Engineering undertaken to the very highest of standards, with class-approved components assembled and installed during the normal dry-docking period