Reporting to the Supply Chain function with direct local reporting to the General Manager – China. The role will be primarily responsible for ensuring that supplied product quality meets contractual and customer requirements, by ensuring effective quality oversight, problem resolution and continuous improvement programs with our suppliers.
- Support suppliers in ensuring compliance with Silverstream Technologies requirements.
- Ensure suppliers robustly apply problem resolution process and non-conformance management.
- Ensure suitable undeclared non-conformance containment activity at the supplier, in transit and at customer locations.
- Witness the inspection of product and manage Factory Acceptance Tests at supplier premises.
- Audit supplier processes as applicable to ensure robust manufacturing and measurement methods.
- Support selection and assessment of new supplier capability.
- Analyse data and information on supplier’s performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the Marine industry.
- Experience of dealing with Classification Societies.
- Knowledge of shipyards and hull structures, with knowledge of yards outside of China desirable.
- Experience of supply chain management.
- Experience of marine steel fabrications, experience of electrical automation is desirable.
- Experience in application of basic Quality Improvement tools.
- Understanding of Inspection and Quality Control processes.
- English Language to IELTS 5.0.
- This role will be based in our Shanghai office (Pudong), with extensive in-country travel to suppliers and shipyards, and occasional overseas travel.