Reporting to the Project Controls and Planning Lead, the Project Controls Specialist will act as our point of excellence in developing and maintaining the integrated project schedules using MS Project. This role will become a critical member of the team, interfacing across all functions, to manage and update the project schedules on a regular and if required ad-hoc basis.
The ideal candidate will be a specialist with prime expertise in planning, with a good understanding of project cost control, project controls processes, good numerical and analytical skills, attention to detail and a desire to learn, an intrinsic interest to learn new skills, systems, and a desire to create new efficient ways to control projects and provide value to project team.
- Following company project controls development processes and schedule templates set-up, baseline, maintain, update, identify trends, identify issues, and forecast multiple projects schedules.
- Review projects with the key stakeholder to ensure their agreement and acceptance.
- Using company systems update schedule progress on regular basis, provide inputs to all stakeholders.
- Provide schedule analysis, critical path analysis, identify and discuss the issues with projects.
- Manages/Lead Engineers and incorporates suggested project corrective actions.
- Maintain multiple projects data integrity, hierarchy, and relationship.
- Design, analyse and report projects metrics using MS Excel, MS Access, Power Pivot, Power BI Reporting tool.
- Contribute into development of Project Planning and Control procedures.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis from time to time.
- Minimum three years’ experience in scheduling and planning within engineering, technology, EPC type of project execution organisation.
- Basic Knowledge of Project Management and Cost Control processes and good practices.
- Able to engage, report, analyse and interpret decisions into the schedule workflow.
- Training will be provided about company way to execute the projects. Ability to understand basic engineering, procurement, installation, and commissioning information.
- Excellent organisational skills, and ability to manage multiple cases at same time, even when from a remote location.
- Ability to design presentation inputs.
- Excellent analytical, numerical analysis and forecasting skills.
- MS Project, MS Access, Excel, Power Pivot and Power BI – required. However to the right candidate the training will be provided to upgrade the skills in the respective area.
- Desirable experience working in the shipyard.