The Data Engineer will join as part of the Data Team and be responsible for delivering a comprehensive suite of tools to collect, analyse and present vessel and system performance data. In addition, the Data Engineer will support management and customers by developing and maintaining dashboards that will highlight the performance of our system on any vessel.
The Data Engineer will help in developing an Azure hosted PostgreSQL database architecture with back-end development in Python on Databricks and the front-end visualization in SQL on Grafana.
- Help reviewing the quality of raw data received to ensure performance analysis can be conducted.
- Support our other Data Engineer(s) to create and maintain ETL pipelines and therefore be responsible for the journey of data from ship to database.
- Apply data engineering best practices to ensure the database is managed and monitor its performance.
- Take ownership of dashboards and maintain them using SQL. By engaging with internal stakeholders, make sure the dashboards meet the end-user requirements.
The Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field.
- A minimum of two years of industry experience maintaining ETL pipelines and performing database management.
- Practical knowledge of cloud computing and data storage technologies such as data lakes and traditional SQL databases.
- Strong experience in handling time-series data.
- Experience in developing dashboards using data visualisation like Tableau or Grafana.