This key role is to provide Marine Project Engineering expertise to the business. You will be acting as the main customer interface and managing a number of our projects to install our ALS systems on newbuild and retrofit ships around the world.
- Technical project management of a number of projects supplying our systems to all vessel types.
- Taking responsibility for health and safety on your assigned projects.
- Ensure projects meet expectations for time, cost, quality and cash.
- Project engineering activities to adapt our systems and standard products to meet individual project design requirements.
- Act as main point of contact with customers and develop lasting relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and present technical and commercial arguments effectively and influence others accordingly.
- Coordinate internal, supply chain and sitework activities throughout project lifecycle.
- Prepare Statements of Work and Requests for Quotation.
- Create and maintain project schedules and trackers.
- Project cost control and forecasting. Conduct project reviews and prepare/present management reporting.
- Balance conflicting priorities and manage workload accordingly.
- Project risk management – anticipating, managing and mitigating risks.
- Change control and configuration management.
- Managing project deliverables and document register.
- Prepare tenders/quotations including technical, commercial and pricing. Coordinate inputs from other departments and suppliers to meet bid dates.
- Assist with negotiating associated contracts.
- Attend and lead vessel surveys.
- Perform duties as requested by senior management from time to time.
- Attendance at supplier, partner and customer sites for meetings, testing etc.
- Attendance at shipyards including coordinating sitework activities.
- Higher Degree in Engineering or a relevant subject.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to operated at al levels of the organisation.
- Experience on Cruise retrofit projects.
- Leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Experience with Marine outfitting and system integration projects.
- Track record of leading projects with mechanical, electrical and automation elements.
- Knowledge of marine classification society rules (DNV, ABS, LR, etc).
- Experience of working on the global stage with situational and cultural sensitivity.
- Adept at use of Microsoft tools including Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.