Silverstream Technologies is a fast-growing, pioneering company at the cutting edge of ship efficiency technology.
We are looking for dynamic people to join in exciting times as we progress through our expansion phase. Based in central London our team enjoys a fun, relaxed atmosphere balanced by enthusiasm and ambition for the future of our innovative technology.
Joining us will provide a unique opportunity to develop a role from inception and so directly contribute to our evolution.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
December 2019- Our team is expanding team to support our growing business. We are currently recruiting people from engineering backgrounds with excellent commercial and communication skills to support our growing business. We are expanding our team to manage new projects from the drawing board through to after- sales service. Responsibilities will be to provide technical support and performance data analysis.
Silverstream Technologies is evolving quickly and, as such, we are looking for versatile team members who are willing to be involved in every aspect of the business process and who will enjoy the challenge of working in a developing company.
This key role is to:
- provide Marine Control & Automation (C&A) subject matter expertise
- develop and maintain the core C&A solution
- implement C&A solutions on projects (hardware and software)
- commissioning support
- technical support for the in-service fleet
- provide technical input to the strategic supply chain plans
The successful candidate will:
- be educated to degree level in a related subject
- have a minimum of 5 years C&A experience (ideally in the marine industry)
- be capable of handling all technical elements of marine automation projects
Key skills required:
- Degree in Engineering; Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical
- Shipbuilding experience- newbuilding, drydockings or ship repairs
- Drafting and basic use of Autocad
- Ships’ plans and Construction plans
- Understanding of control systems, resistance and propulsion
- Ship related system design
- Mathematical system modelling
- Data acquisition systems
- Ships’ performance
An experienced Systems / Project Engineer with a strong background in Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC services within the marine and/or offshore industry. The company is seeking a candidate who can develop Systems Engineering capability working alongside our Naval Architects and Supply Chain team.
Key Skills required:
- Project Engineering & Delivery
- Strong project management skills backed up by formal training
- Experience of Outfitting projects & System integration in a marine/offshore environment
- System engineering – design of Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC requirements from overboard valve up to automation / IT system
- Present technical and commercial arguments effectively and influence others with regard to such issues
- Actively build good relationships internally and with customers and sub-contractors
- Anticipate issues and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner
- Prioritise work to meet business demands and manage to deadlines
- Entrepreneurial aware, able to self-manage, collaborative and transparent approach
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level or equivalent with a suitable qualification encompassing Mechanical, Marine, Electrical or related engineering degree. Post graduate qualification and membership of professional institutions will be an advantage.